About Bernie & Phyl's Furniture
Bernie & Phyl’s Furniture is a privately owned furniture retailer based in Norton, Massachusetts. Started by the Rubin family in 1983, our family run business has grown from a small storefront into one of the most successful furniture retailers in New England with eight stores in: Braintree, MA; Hyannis, MA; Nashua, NH; Raynham, MA; Saugus, MA; and Westboro, MA; Natick, MA; Bernie & Phyl’s has been listed as one of the “Top 100 U.S. Furniture Stores” by Furniture/Today for each year since 2000.
Along the way, our company has garnered numerous awards.
- 2010 Multiple Sclerosis Hope Award (given to co-founder Phyl Rubin for her work to combat MS, a disease she has grappled with for 40 years)
- 2009 Better Business Bureau Local Torch Award for Excellence
- 2008 Massachusetts Family Business Award (Winner in the large company category)
- 2007 Better Business Bureau Local Torch Award for Excellence
- 2007 Massachusetts Family Business Awards (Finalist in the large company category)
- 2005 Champions of Mentoring Award from the Mass Mentoring Partnership
- 2004 Better Business Bureau Local Torch Award for Excellence
- 2004 Community Pride Award from the Business & Economic Development Commission of Raynham
- 2003 Executive Technology Retail Community Service Award
- 2002 Retailer of the Year Award from the National Home Furnishings Association
- 2002 Home Furnishings Association of New England’s Robert E. Richmond Award of Eminence
- 2000 Retailer of the Year by the Retailers Association of Massachusetts
As a successful business, Bernie & Phyl’s believes it is our obligation to give back to those who are less fortunate. Our Friends In Need program regularly supports charitable organizations with furniture. Our company is involved in many other community initiatives as well. These include holding annual Red Cross blood drives in our stores, sponsoring annual holiday toy drives with the Home for Little Wanderers and holiday food drives to benefit local food banks, sponsoring youth sports teams in local communities, the organizing the annual Bernie’s Baseball Buddies program where Bernie takes underprivileged kids to see a Red Sox game and tour Fenway Park, and many public service television sponsorships with our media partners.
While taking care of people in need is important to us, taking care of our customers’ every need is our ultimate goal. This is what we strive to achieve every day. We work hard to bring the best furniture at the best value to our customers. By buying direct and purchasing in large quantities, Bernie & Phyl’s is able to give customers the lowest prices all the time on brand name furniture and accessories. Our special relationship with our vendors allows us the ability to offer customers next day delivery on in-stock merchandise and 30-day delivery on most special orders. No other furniture company can match our commitment to offering only the highest quality furniture – with fast delivery and great service – at prices below our competitors.