Shop online or in-store with help from one of our expert Bedding Specialists!
When you purchase a mattress from Bernie & Phyl’s, you can trust that we choose our lineup of quality sleep sets with care and you in mind! A restful night’s sleep should be a given, and we want to help you find the right sleep set for you. Pro Tip: Measure the height of your current sleep set from the top of the mattress to the floor so that together we can assess which mattress height is right for you. It should be easy to get in and out of your bed. We offer both low and high profile foundations and bed frames, and help you choose which is right for you.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR NEW MATTRESS
What to Expect: New sleep sets will be firmer than floor models that have been broken in. Like a new pair of shoes, it may take several weeks for you to acclimate to a new mattress. Most people have been sleeping on the same sleep set for years and it’s only natural that it might take a while to get used to your new bed. We recommend sleeping on your new mattress for at least 30-60 days to allow your body time to adjust.
- There is an initial break in period. All mattresses and foundations are made to order from all new materials. The mattress set may feel slightly different from the floor model for that reason.
All new foams, fiber, and fabric may have a slight odor. We recommend airing out your mattress and that odor will dissipate over a few days.
- There may be an adjustment period for your body to adjust to a new mattress. Today’s mattresses are designed and made to provide optimal support, conformance, and motion separation. Like the foam insoles in a new pair of sneakers, a new mattress will conform to your body over time. Body impressions up to 1 ½” are possible and normal. This is caused by the compression of the foam and fibers. Impressions greater than 1 ½” are covered under the warranty.
- Please review the warranty card that will be attached to your new purchase. It outlines what is covered under the terms of the warranty. Keep the warranty card and your sales receipt for your records. Pro Tip: Place your warranty card and sales receipt it in a ziplock bag, and keep it between your mattress and foundation for future reference.
- Please take proper care of your new sleep set. Mattresses in an unsanitary condition will void the warranty. That includes stains and soiling. Pro Tip: Purchase and use a mattress protector. If you buy a mattress protector along with your mattress, we include our Comfort Exchange Policy with your purchase.* See below for more details.
- If a foundation is used under your new mattress, it must be the matching foundation from the manufacturer. All other foundations will void the warranty. Mattresses on a platform bed are covered under the manufacturer’s warranty.
Mattress Care Pro Tips
- Proper Installation - Ensure that your new mattress and box spring are properly installed on a sturdy bed frame with a center support for queen and king size mattress sets. Improper installation can damage a new sleep set. If you choose to transport and install your new sleep set yourself, carefully review all installation instructions.
- Rotate It - Rotate your new mattress from end to end every two weeks for the first three months and then once every six months.
- Use a Protective Mattress Pad - To keep your new mattress fresh and free from stains, use a quality, washable mattress pad. Stains and soiling will void the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Let It Breathe - If you detect any odors from your new mattress, let the mattress air out. Most odors dissipate within a week.
- Don’t Dry Clean - The chemicals used in dry cleaning agents and spot removers may be harmful to the mattress fabric or underlying materials. Vacuuming is the only recommended cleaning method. Never soak a mattress or box spring.
- Don’t Remove the Tag - While you, as the consumer, are able to remove the law tag, we recommend you don’t. The information on the label will assist in identification should you have a warranty claim in the future.
- Save Original Receipts and Warranty Papers - Please be careful to save your original sales receipt and warranty information for reference.
- It’s Not a Trampoline - Don’t allow children to jump on your new sleep set. It could damage the interior construction and void the warranty.
THE COMFORT EXCHANGE POLICY
If after sleeping on your new mattress set for a minimum of 30 days, and you are unhappy with the comfort that the set provides, you may select a new mattress within 90* days of delivery. We allow one comfort exchange per customer for qualifying mattresses.**
You will receive a credit for the full price of your original mattress purchase, less any original delivery charge to apply towards your re-selection. This service is free to you if you protected your set with one of our mattress protectors. If you did not purchase a mattress protector and did not protect your mattress, this service, if needed, will incur a one-time fee of $199.
If you take advantage of your one-time comfort exchange and you reselect to a different brand, you may also exchange your foundation. There will be an additional $50 redelivery/removal fee incurred.
Adjustable bases are not covered by our Comfort Exchange Policy and may not be returned or exchanged.
We will not exchange any mattress that is stained in any way whatsoever, due to state and federal laws designed to protect public health.
We will not exchange mattresses or foundations due to height issues. Your sales consultant will be happy to measure the thickness of your new sleep set and show you how to measure its height on your new bed, if you are purchasing one from us, or on the bed you currently own. We recommend a low-profile box spring with all new mattress sets and we offer low profile bed frames as well. The height of the bed is an important issue which some customers overlook. Please be careful to select the correct combination of mattress, foundation, and bed frame to achieve your desired height.
Please note: Any defects in the workmanship or materials (not to be confused with comfort issues) on any sleep set you purchase from Bernie & Phyl's Furniture are covered by the manufacturer’s warranty. If you have any questions about the manufacturer’s warranty on any sleep set you are interested in purchasing, please ask you sales consultant for a copy of the appropriate warranty statement.
*The comfort exchange period for Serta iComfort and Serta Hybrids is 120 days.
**Our Comfort Exchange policy applies to all King mattresses costing $949.99 or more, Queen mattresses costing $649.99 or more, Full mattresses costing $629.99 or more, Twin mattresses costing $499.99 or more and Twin XL mattresses costing $549.99 or more. Comfort Exchange does not apply to adjustable bases or flat foundations.