You have 7 days after delivery or pickup to return furniture in ‘like-new’ condition. If your merchandise was delivered, our drivers will inspect the furniture upon pickup. Delivery and assembly charges are non-refundable. If you picked up your furniture, you may return it to any one of our store locations. Please see below for information regarding the return of a special order or bedding. Clearance merchandise is not returnable.
If you wish to cancel an order for merchandise prior to delivery, you must do so within 48 hours of a scheduled delivery or pickup date. If you wish to cancel a special order (customized merchandise), a 20% cancellation fee is incurred. Any deposit on a special order more than 20% will be issued as a store credit or refunded. We are unable to cancel orders for ship direct merchandise (found in the Appliances & Accessories category on our website) more than 24 hours after the order is placed.
Refunds will be credited back to your original method of payment less delivery and assembly charges. If the original method of payment used was cash or check, a refund check will be issued by mail within 21 days after we receive your returned item(s).
Special Order Merchandise
Special order merchandise (merchandise ordered with a customization such as fabric or finish) is not returnable once it has been delivered. In the case of a special order cancellation, the 20% deposited at the time the order was written is incurred as a cancellation fee.
All sales are final for merchandise sold as clearance. There are no refunds, returns nor exchanges for clearance merchandise. Clearance merchandise is sold as is.
What if my furniture is damaged upon delivery?
Please inspect your furniture for damage or defects upon delivery. If you are not completely satisfied, let us know within 48 hours of your delivery, and a Customer Service Representative will be happy to assist you.
Ship Direct Merchandise
Accessories and appliances that are shipped directly from the manufacturer via UPS or FedEx may be returned within 7 days of receiving them. Return shipping fees are the responsibility of the customer except in the case of damage or defect upon delivery. You may return items to a store location to avoid return shipping costs. Please let us know immediately if your shipment was damaged upon delivery. We are unable to cancel orders for ship direct merchandise more than 24 hours after the order is placed.
For reasons of health and hygiene, pillows and mattress protectors are not returnable unless there is damage or a defect at the time of delivery. Each of our pillow and mattress protector products are warrantied by the manufacturer. Please call 1-800-545-7125 or visit http://www.gmwarrantyservices.com/ to file a claim. Please see our Comfort Exchange Policy regarding sleep sets (mattresses and foundations).
Comfort Exchange Policy - For a Mattress that Just Isn’t Right!
Shop online or in-store with help from one of our expert Bedding Specialists!
When you purchase a mattress from Bernie & Phyl’s, you can trust that we choose our lineup of quality sleep sets with care and you in mind! A restful night’s sleep should be a given, and we want to help you find the right sleep set for you. Pro Tip: Measure the height of your current sleep set from the top of the mattress to the floor so that together we can assess which mattress height is right for you. It should be easy to get in and out of your bed. We offer both low and high profile foundations and bed frames, and help you choose which is right for you.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR NEW MATTRESS
What to Expect: New sleep sets will be firmer than floor models that have been broken in. Like a new pair of shoes, it may take several weeks for you to acclimate to a new mattress. Most people have been sleeping on the same sleep set for years and it’s only natural that it might take a while to get used to your new bed. We recommend sleeping on your new mattress for at least 30-60 days to allow your body time to adjust.
- There is an initial break in period. All mattresses and foundations are made to order from all new materials. The mattress set may feel slightly different from the floor model for that reason.
All new foams, fiber, and fabric may have a slight odor. We recommend airing out your mattress and that odor will dissipate over a few days.
- There may be an adjustment period for your body to adjust to a new mattress. Today’s mattresses are designed and made to provide optimal support, conformance, and motion separation. Like the foam insoles in a new pair of sneakers, a new mattress will conform to your body over time. Body impressions up to 1 ½” are possible and normal. This is caused by the compression of the foam and fibers. Impressions greater than 1 ½” are covered under the warranty.
- Please review the warranty card that will be attached to your new purchase. It outlines what is covered under the terms of the warranty. Keep the warranty card and your sales receipt for your records. Pro Tip: Place your warranty card and sales receipt it in a ziplock bag, and keep it between your mattress and foundation for future reference.
- Please take proper care of your new sleep set. Mattresses in an unsanitary condition will void the warranty. That includes stains and soiling. Pro Tip: Purchase and use a mattress protector. If you buy a mattress protector along with your mattress, we include our Comfort Exchange Policy with your purchase.* See below for more details.
- If a foundation is used under your new mattress, it must be the matching foundation from the manufacturer. All other foundations will void the warranty. Mattresses on a platform bed are covered under the manufacturer’s warranty.
Mattress Care Pro Tips
- Proper Installation - Ensure that your new mattress and box spring are properly installed on a sturdy bed frame with a center support for queen and king size mattress sets. Improper installation can damage a new sleep set. If you choose to transport and install your new sleep set yourself, carefully review all installation instructions.
- Rotate It - Rotate your new mattress from end to end every two weeks for the first three months and then once every six months.
- Use a Protective Mattress Pad - To keep your new mattress fresh and free from stains, use a quality, washable mattress pad. Stains and soiling will void the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Let It Breathe - If you detect any odors from your new mattress, let the mattress air out. Most odors dissipate within a week.
- Don’t Dry Clean - The chemicals used in dry cleaning agents and spot removers may be harmful to the mattress fabric or underlying materials. Vacuuming is the only recommended cleaning method. Never soak a mattress or box spring.
- Don’t Remove the Tag - While you, as the consumer, are able to remove the law tag, we recommend you don’t. The information on the label will assist in identification should you have a warranty claim in the future.
- Save Original Receipts and Warranty Papers - Please be careful to save your original sales receipt and warranty information for reference.
- It’s Not a Trampoline - Don’t allow children to jump on your new sleep set. It could damage the interior construction and void the warranty.
THE COMFORT EXCHANGE POLICY
If after sleeping on your new mattress set for a minimum of 30 days, and you are unhappy with the comfort that the set provides, you may select a new mattress within 90* days of delivery. We allow one comfort exchange per customer for qualifying mattresses.**
You will receive a credit for the full price of your original mattress purchase, less any original delivery charge to apply towards your re-selection. This service is free to you if you protected your set with one of our mattress protectors. If you did not purchase a mattress protector and did not protect your mattress, this service, if needed, will incur a one-time fee of $199.
If you take advantage of your one-time comfort exchange and you reselect to a different brand, you may also exchange your foundation. There will be an additional $50 redelivery/removal fee incurred.
Adjustable bases are not covered by our Comfort Exchange Policy and may not be returned or exchanged.
We will not exchange any mattress that is stained in any way whatsoever, due to state and federal laws designed to protect public health.
We will not exchange mattresses or foundations due to height issues. Your sales consultant will be happy to measure the thickness of your new sleep set and show you how to measure its height on your new bed, if you are purchasing one from us, or on the bed you currently own. We recommend a low-profile box spring with all new mattress sets and we offer low profile bed frames as well. The height of the bed is an important issue which some customers overlook. Please be careful to select the correct combination of mattress, foundation, and bed frame to achieve your desired height.
Please note: Any defects in the workmanship or materials (not to be confused with comfort issues) on any sleep set you purchase from Bernie & Phyl's Furniture are covered by the manufacturer’s warranty. If you have any questions about the manufacturer’s warranty on any sleep set you are interested in purchasing, please ask you sales consultant for a copy of the appropriate warranty statement.
*The comfort exchange period for Serta iComfort and Serta Hybrids is 120 days.
**Our Comfort Exchange policy applies to all King mattresses costing $949.99 or more, Queen mattresses costing $649.99 or more, Full mattresses costing $629.99 or more, Twin mattresses costing $499.99 or more and Twin XL mattresses costing $549.99 or more. Comfort Exchange does not apply to adjustable bases or flat foundations.